Ready to book your Melbourne accommodation?
Having just undergone a multi million dollar designer fitout, the Village North Melbourne offers an exceptional experience for travellers and groups alike. With its prime location on the city fringe our hostel is the ideal base for exploring all that this captivating city has to offer. Better yet, get a skyline view from our rooftop terrace.
Need more reason to visit? our new dream mattresses, complete with plush privacy curtains, will offer you an exceptional nights sleep.
Cook up a storm in our fully equipped self-catering kitchens, hang out in our communal lounge areas, or chill out on our rooftop where you can socialize and meet your fellow villagers. The rooftop terrace allows guests to take in breathtaking panoramic views of the iconic Melbourne skyline. Whether you’re sipping your morning coffee, watching the sunset, or simply soaking in the city’s dynamic atmosphere, this rooftop oasis is a true gem that sets us apart.
Stepping out of the hostel, convenience is at your doorstep. We are just a short stroll away from the heart of the city, or if you prefer, hop onto a free tram that effortlessly transports you into the bustling city centre. Our perfect location also places you within a 10-minute walk from the renowned Queen Victoria Market and the prestigious University of Melbourne.
As you explore Melbourne, you’ll quickly discover why it’s celebrated as Australia’s cultural epicentre. Immerse yourself in the local scene by unwinding with a cup of coffee at one of the hidden cafes, admiring contemporary art in its many galleries, and discovering the charm of quirky bars and captivating street art. For a delicious lunch, you’ll have countless options among the city’s diverse array of restaurants. When the evening comes, Melbourne truly comes alive with its abundant selection of wine bars, clubs, and pubs, offering an unforgettable nightlife experience.
From Tullamarine Airport (18km)
– Taxi/Uber – depending on traffic, a taxi takes 30-50 minutes and costs around $50-65.
– Skybus – operating between Tullamarine Airport and Southern Cross Station and departs every 15 minutes from 4am until 1am. Bookings are not required.
From Southern Cross Station
– Taxi/Uber – easiest way to get from the station is by car, which will typically cost around $10 and take around 10 minutes.
– Walk – it’s a 30-minute walk to The Village. Melbourne is a flat city, so it’s a great way to get your bearings before settling in!
– Tram – the most direct tram route is to walk to Spencer St / Collin St tram stop (5 minute walk) and take tram 11 toward West Preston. Get off at stop 9, Victoria St / Peel St, and walk southeast on Victoria St, then turn left onto Howard St. Arrive at The Village Hostel.